We are going to make this fun!
Starting something new can be a bit of a challenge. And starting a new website very much so. You can easily get stuck because you do now know where to begin and what to do. Or you are overwhelmed by everything.
But there are ways to make this process easier. What often helps is to make a plan. When there is a plan in place, you can execute it step by step.
And this does not have to be done too seriously. Go about it playfully and creatively.
Imagine you are planning a party. How would you do that?
- I bet you are thinking about who you want to invite and how.
- You ensure the invitations are sent on time, and the route to the party is clear for everyone.
- You want everything to be fresh and lively, so you start looking for what’s hot.
- You make plans for what you will serve your guests.
- One of the best things is decorating the room and making the place feel nice and welcoming; you want everyone to feel special and have a good time.
- Because the very best parties are the ones people remember and still talk about years later. Those are epic!
Now back to your site. How can we use this approach? Let’s see…..
- Determine who your audience is and who you like to work with
(who do you really want at your party?)
- Make sure they can find their way to and on your website
(invite your guests and give them directions)
- Find out what they want the most
(give everyone the best time possible)
- Decide what you will offer them
(what are you going to serve to your guests?)
- Make plans about the design and the look and feel of your site
(make everything look nice and welcoming)
- Make sure to catch up and collect what everyone is saying about you
(you want to get known for the best parties, right?)
So there you have it: the key ingredients for a good website.
One important addition: you want to make your visitors an offer they can’t refuse. And if everyone is having a good time, you can ask whatever you want…
Do you guys want to party?
Get organised with a checklist
Still, there is a lot to think about, and how can you organise a party without a list? You need a good overview of everything, right?
This is just the beginning of a content strategy. I work with more brand and marketing-specific research in my content creation strategy on all my website projects. It’s proven to be a recipe for success and I continue to develop it according to my clients’ needs.
But I have also created a quick website checklist for you, so you can get started by looking at the key ingredients and finding out what type of website you are planning for. A kind of shopping list.
It does not take too long to fill out and will be very useful for any website. Go ahead! It’s easy and 100% free.
Getting started on Your website made easy is an article written for Your website made easy